Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sun Bathing and Blue Skies

"Blue skies, nothing but blue skies" and on the song goes. But it is still a little windy. I took the photo below just a short 2 minute walk from our home in the desert. Suddenly it gets pretty isolated. I love it. The mountain in the distance is one of the big protectors that keeps the storms from getting to us. It is the great maker of the rain-shadow. Fresh snow can be seen on it. All that lovely snow will melt, sink into the water table and eventually make it into our hot-water springs. The cap-clouds seen billowing over the peaks is typical of "winter" weather. I put that in quotes because it really doesn't seem like winter, at least not down here on the desert floor.



Once again it was windy today but the sun was out and it was very bright. Here is Roger basking in the sunlight and occupying his favorite spot. He likes sitting right next to the door, that way nobody goes outside without him. The sun there is also great in the afternoon.


This is a photo I took today of where we live and work. It gives you a little better perspective of where Roger is sitting. It really is comfortable here. Take a look out the left front window and you'll see our very own personal palm tree. Pretty darned spiffy eh? It's not just any old Joe that can look out their office window and see their own palm tree.




A Note Of Thanks

Whoever pointed out I had a consistent misspelling in my blog, I thank you. I have gone through and hopefully corrected that error. Please take a look and make sure I found them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

correct spelling: restaurant

Anonymous said...

correct spelling: restaurant

Green Water Media, LLC said...

Thanks.... appreciate the spelling help. I usually post after a long day of work and neither my fingers nor my brain seem to cooperate fully.

Bret